October is Cyber Security Month
The European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) is the EU’s annual cybersecurity awareness campaign that takes place each October across Europe. The ECSM aims to raise awareness about cyber security threats and promote cyber security among citizens and organisations through education and sharing of good practices.
The 2019 campaign motto is: “Cybersecurity is a shared responsibility!”
What is ECSM?
European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) is an EU awareness campaign that promotes cyber security among citizens and organizations about the importance of information security and highlighting the simple steps that can be taken to protect their data, whether personal, financial and/or professional. The main goal being to raise awareness, change behaviour and provide resources to all about how to protect themselves online. The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission DG CONNECT and Partners are deploying the European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) every October.
The objectives of the European Cyber Security Month:
- generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
- promote safer use of the Internet for all users;
- build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
- involve relevant stakeholders;
- increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
- enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
Please watch our animated video that describes in brief what ECSM it is about.
2019: CURRENT CAMPAIGN
Building together a joint EU awareness campaign on NIS topics!
ECSM runs for the entire month of October, with each week focusing on a different topic. During each week, ENISA and its partners will be publishing reports, organising events and activities centred on each of these themes. Events will focus on training, strategy summits, general presentations to users, online quizzes, etc
Curtesy of @CyberSecMonth, https://cybersecuritymonth.eu/
Hybrid Technology Partners like to keep on top of the latest guidelines and share them through our social media pages. If you would like some further consultation on your IT security, take a look at our IT Consultancy page or contact us on 061-211444.
#hybridtp, #cyber security, #data protection, #cybersecmonth,