Soonr: File Sharing, Collaboration and Security for Enterprises
One of the key concerns of any enterprise is securing sensitive information and client data. I have spoken before about a few of the features lacking in other file storage clients. Soonr is a file storage and collaboration tool that has addressed these concerns and offers a service to enterprises that ensures both compliance and security.
Here some of the key security features of Soonr;
- All files handled by the Soonr service are secured, both in transit and in storage, using 256-bit AES-encryption. Furthermore, in order to maximize the separation between files, a different unique rotating encryption key is used for each file. None of the encryption keys are stored “in the clear” in any non-volatile storage, but rather are encrypted and stored under the protection of a master key. Authentication is ensured through the use of VeriSign certificate-based server authentication, which ensures that the user’s agent will neither connect, nor cooperate with any server other than those that comprise the Soonr service.
- Soonr makes use of independent 3rd-party testing, analysis and assessment services. Soonr’s multi-faceted approach to testing and risk assessment incorporates the following elements; third party penetration testing of Web, Agent, APIs, Periodic SAS/SSAE audits and Daily Hacker Safe® updates.
- Soonr data centres are audited against SAS 70 / SSAE 16 criteria for system reliability and security, thus providing assurances regarding adequate oversight over the controls utilized in the processing of information. Similarly, Soonr’s own internal security controls are audited against SSAE 16 criteria for employee policies, physical and logical access controls, intrusion detection and testing, service reporting, security incident procedures, training, change control and configuration management. In this manner, Soonr services can serve as a foundation upon which customers can build their SAS 70 / SSAE 16 compliant data processing and storage policies and practices.
- All of the Soonr regional data centres are monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, by equipment service and operations staff, who also have immediate access to Soonr engineering personnel in the event that it becomes necessary. Co-location with major world-class data centre industry partners ensures that physical and environmental security is unsurpassed.
- All Soonr application servers are protected with OS security modules that apply Discretionary Access Control and Mandatory Access Control policies to all server processes, thus ensuring that no software process can be gainfully subverted.
Soonr is a service we have implemented with some of our clients with great success. Soonr is available from us at Hybrid TP. If you would like to arrange for a free trial and demo of this unique software the contact us at 061-211444 or 1800-911000